Smashing Self Sabotage - Coaching Call on Binge Eating & Alcohol
Welcome to the first Smashing Self Sabotage Coaching Call to be released on the blog!
Smashing Self-Sabotage, or “SSS” for short, is a coaching call series specifically designed to smash self sabotaging patterns, thoughts, and beliefs that hold us back and keep us from:
living the life we truly desire
believing in ourselves and what we have to offer
reaching our goals
feeling the way we want to feel, most of the time
loving ourselves unconditionally
experiencing deep and personal relationships with others
- What you resist, persists
- What you focus on, believe in, think of – will become true
- There is always a deeper meaning to your suffering
- No one else can help you, but you.
#2 The 6 Root Causes of Self Sabotage – taught to me by Kris Ward of abundantyogi.com – where I received my Lifestyle Design Coaching Certification
In the call I go over the 6 Root Causes of Self Sabotage, and relate it to myself and my own experiences. I also give you some tips on how to not succumb to these root causes and smash self sabotage before it goes too far.
Here they are in short:
- Stuffing or Ignoring a Negative Emotion
- Too Much Hustle and not Enough Self Care & Connection
- Trying too hard to measure up, then zooming too far out setting goals
- Blending work time with leisure time (aka living in the gray zone)
- Resisting like crazy because we’re believing our own made-up stories
- Trying to manage what isn’t ours to manage
#3 is filling out your Prep Form for the call and receiving one-on-one coaching with me. You are responsible to fill out a Hot Seat Prep Form before each call if you want 1:1 coaching during the call. This is not required, but this is really where the magic happens. We will go in order of who submitted their form first.
Here are some journal exercises that you can also do on your own.
- Write all your self sabotaging patterns
- Notice what these instances taught you about yourself and self sabotage
- We are looking at these stories with the intention to release and reframe
- Is the beliefs I picked up around this memory ultimately true?
- Go through each of these stories and begin to write a story that feels better around each one